Wednesday, November 5, 2014

One Week of Accountability

So I finally formed a beta-test of my Virtual Mastermind Group.
We set yearly goals...we set weekly goals...and we were tasked with sharing the RESULTS of these goals after week one.

Eye opener!

When you work "alone" it's very easy to adjust on the fly.
You make a mental note, you make a small move and you keep going.

But I was tasked with laying it all out.
Here are the 10 things I said I would do.
Here is how many I DID do.
Here are the results.

What's nice about having to do this...in spite of having to shed your mask and face the music for your failures...is that you get to really see what is working and what is not.

I realized, in writing my results, that 2 of my goals simply were not going to "fit" into my work day.
They were not important enough to make into a priority, so I wasnt doing them.

So they shouldnt be on the list.

I also found that other, revenue-generating items DID have to be on the list.

In being held accountable, I was forced to focus.
I was forced to articulate what I 'really' want and what I 'really' had to do to get there.

On Sunday 11/2 I re-wrote this week's goals.
This new list makes sense to me.
It's the 80-20 rule...it focuses on where I am already making the most amount of money (80%) and prevents me from focusing TOO much time on the things that make the least amount of money (20%).

Being held accountable, even for 1 week, was valuable and neccessary.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss (offline) how the Virtual Mastermind Group is structured and working.   Comment the blog or tweet @Defmall  


No comments:

Post a Comment